Effective saves you a lot of time and energy that you can use on skills acquisition.
When you learn well, your practice will be more efficient, which lets you spend more of your practice time on the important part of your skills acquisition.
Use these ten quick tips to learn effectively:
- Research the skill and related topics
- Dive in
- Identify the suitable mental models and hooks
- Imagine the opposite of what you want
- Talk to experts to set the appropriate expectations
- Eliminate distractions when you learn
- Use spaced repetition and reinforcement for memorization
- Create checklists to ensure you cover the right steps
- Make and test your hypothesis with quick feedback loop
- Trust that anything can be learned