Learning isn’t the same as acquiring skills. You gain new knowledge when you learn but when you acquire a new skill, you increase your competency and capability.
Here are the ten principles of rapid skill acquisition:
- Choose a lovable project.
- Focus your energy on one skill at a time.
- Define your target performance level.
- Deconstruct the skill into sub skills.
- Obtain critical tools.
- Eliminate barriers to practice.
- Make dedicated time for practice.
- Create fast feedback loops.
- Practice by the clock in short bursts.
- Emphasize quantity and speed.
Use these principles to acquire more skills. The more skills you obtain, the bigger your world will be.