Tracking answers the question of how do you know you're winning?
Usually the primary elements that need to be tracked can be found in the objective and the situation analysis.
Once tracking measures are identified, they are used to monitor:
- Successful execution of the strategies and plans
- New developments, i.e. what is happening in the unfolding/ new situation
Tracking must consider:
- What needs to be measured?
- How should each be measured?
- Who should take the measurements?
- When or how often?
- What are the targets/ expectations?