If you want to improve your value in your career or business, you need to improve your skills related to the five essential parts of every business:
- Value creation: Discovering what people want or need, then creating it.
- Marketing: Attracting attention and building demand for your products or services.
- Sales: Turning prospects into customers.
- Value delivery: Provide the value you promised your customers until they are satisfied.
- Finance: Make enough profit to make your effort worthwhile.
Any skill or knowledge that helps you create value, market, sell, deliver value, or manage finances is economically valuable.