Understand the various types of company culture and determine what you want to shape your business to be.
- Star: you have majority of elite employees who are driven, competitive, and knowledgeable. People are valued based on their merits and passion.
- Engineering: the typical Silicon Valley company, where there are many engineers who are constantly debating the best way to solve a problem.
- Bureaucratic: companies with many red tapes, rules, organisation charts, and unnecessary systems.
- Autocratic: companies with the single leader as a slave driver to order his employees to execute his ideas.
- Commitment: companies which value loyalty above everything else. These companies are reluctant to lay people off and employees typically stay with this company for many years.